Video and Photo Issues
My video won't publish or doesn't play once I finish my application. Why is this and what should I do?
Below are some of the most common reasons video applications are not working. In order for your video to work, please withdraw your application and re-apply with the following information in mind:
1. The file size limit on videos is 1.5GB. If your video is larger, please save in a smaller format and re-upload.
2. If uploading from an iPhone with iOS 8, make sure you have upgraded to at least iOS 8.0.2 before attempting to upload.
3. Make sure your video is either a .mov or .mp4 file.
4. Make sure your Internet connection is running properly and you have good reception.
5. Make sure there are no spaces in the video file name. Remove any spaces in the name of your file before uploading.
6. Make sure there are no special characters in the video file name. Remove any special characters in the name of your file before uploading.
My video is upside down. How can I fix this?
In order for your video to work, please go to your account profile, click on "My DreamJobs,” then click on "Edit," and re-upload with the following information in mind:
If filming with an iPhone or cell phone, it's best to keep the camera horizontal (or landscape) and tip the phone to the left (ear speaker on the left, home button on the right, volume buttons down).
Note for the techies: If the video is not filmed in the proper orientation (volume buttons down), the phone will rotate the image to make the user think it is filming it correctly. The phone then puts a tag in the file that tells all other QuickTime players to rotate the video to that position as well. When a user then watches the video on their computer, it still looks right side up. However, when a non-QuickTime player plays the video, it ignores the tag, and will play the video in the orientation it was actually filmed. This is why, no matter how many times a user uploads the video, it still comes in upside down or sideways.
The solution to fix this after the video has already been filmed is to load it into a QuickTime player or related program, rotate the video, and then re-export the video, which should redo the tag telling the video to be right side up.
Why was my video cut off?
In your video, anything after 1 minute in length will be clipped. Video aspect ratios will be formatted to 16 X 9. File size cannot exceed 1.5 GB in size.
How do I replace my video?
In order to upload a new video, go to your account profile, click on "My Opportunities", and then click on "Edit". A pop up will appear allowing you to upload a new video to your application.
My photo is being cut off on my application video. How do I fix this?
The video application image size should be 615px x 346px [or any image on the same aspect ratio (roughly 5 x 3 landscape)]. Images are automatically clipped and scaled throughout the site.
On a Mac:
1. Import your photo into iPhoto.
2. Click on the photo and select “Edit".
3. Click on “Crop", check the “Constrain" box, and click on “Custom" in the drop down menu.
4. Input 615 x 346 in this box.
5. Then move and adjust/scale the crop box on your photo until you like the crop and click “Done".
(If you make the crop box larger, that's fine. It will stay in the 615 x 246 ratio.)
6. Once you've finished cropping your photo, go to “File" and select “Export".
7. Export as a .jpg, maximum JPEG quality, and full size.
On a PC:
1. Open Windows Live Photo Gallery (free downloadable image editor).
2. Click on the picture you want to correct, and then click "Fix" on the toolbar.
3. Click "Crop Picture".
4. Do any of the following:
- To change the picture's proportions, click “Custom", which allows you to set any picture proportion.
- To make the picture bigger or smaller and still maintain the custom proportions, press the SHIFT key while you drag a corner of the crop frame.
- To change the picture's composition, drag the crop frame around within the picture.
5. Click Apply.
I am having technical issues that are not addressed here. How do I contact DreamJobbing?