**PLEASE NOTE - APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED**
We are calling all DIY enthusiasts! We are looking to add a new member to our Home and Family DIY Department. So if you love to craft, then this is the perfect job for you.
For one week, you could join hosts Mark Steines, Cristina Ferrare, and the cast of Hallmark Channel's “Home and Family" and create your best DIYs right here from our set at Universal Studios, Hollywood.
Grab your spray paint, hot glue, sewing machine or whatever your crafting tool of choice and show us some of your favorite DIYs and how you make them.
To enter go to DreamJobbing.com/homeandfamily and upload a 60 second video showing us why you are the perfect Do-It-Yourself Crafter for the job.
Producers are looking for creative DIYS, great teaching skills and a lot of personality and enthusiasm.
Winner will be provided:
* Winner will receive $1500 for their one-week appearance.
Person must have strong DIY ideas, the ability to show viewers step-by-step how they created the DIYS, great on-camera presence and fun personality. Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and able to legally work in the US.
See Official Rules found at the link to the right for full judging criteria, eligibility requirements and details.
Must be available to tape appearance on Hallmark Channel's Home Family" between 4/20/16-4/29/16. Dates may change per Producer needs.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entry period March 07, 2016 –April 15, 2016. Open to legal residents of the 50 US or DC who are at least 21
Official Rules and entry can be found in the right column of this page.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT JOB; IT IS A ONE WEEK FREELANCE OPPORTUNITY. WINNER IS NOT BECOMING A PERMANENT SHOW EMPLOYEE.
Anyone can like each application only once.Open Entry Application Review
"Home & Family," currently in its fourth season, is the only daytime lifestyle series on cable television with 52 consecutive weeks of new episodes. Emmy® Winner Mark Steines and New York Times bestselling author and chef Cristina Ferrare host the fourth season of the twotime Daytime Emmy® Nominated Hallmark Channel Original Lifestyle Series. "Home & Family" airs new original episodes Monday through Friday (10a.m. ET/PT, 9C – 12p.m. ET/PT, 11C) on Hallmark Channel.
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks' flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 90 million homes. The country's leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand.
Select your files for your application below. Then proceed by clicking the number steps above.
The image is used as the video preview image. The image is at 615px x 346px (or any image on the same aspect ratio). Images are automatically clipped and scaled throughout the site.
In your video, anything after 1 minute in length will be clipped. Videos will be displayed at a 16:9 ratio. Filesize can not exceed 1.5 GB in size.
DreamJobbing takes the application process for these DreamJobs very seriously and any actions by applicants that go against the honest nature of the process will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to refuse and remove anyone suspected of hacking, voter fraud, or anything of the sort.
Important Note: If uploading from an iPhone with iOS 8, make sure you have upgraded to at least iOS 8.0.2 before attempting to upload.Back Next
Sharing Your Application:
Click the Publish button below to begin processing the upload of your video.
Congratulations, your video application has been submitted!
We are excited you applied for this DreamJob. You are one step closer to changing your story. Please take a look at our FAQ for sharing your application video with your community.
Share your application video with your friends
DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process
(Effective March 7, 2016)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. U.S. LAW AND LOCAL LAWS AS APPLICABLE IN EACH JURISDICTION GOVERN THIS DREAMJOBBING APPLICATION AND PROMOTION PROCESS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: HOME AND FAMILY DIY STAR - DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process (the "DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process") is open only to Applicants who are twenty one (21) years or older, or age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older, as of the effective date above, and are registered members of DreamJobbing.com. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their households or immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouses, siblings, grandparents, the step-parents, step-children, and step-siblings of each and persons residing in such immediate family members' households) of DreamJobbing, LLC (“DreamJobbing") and/or Woody Fraser Enterprises, INC (“Sponsor"), and their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Home and Family DIY Star (the “Dream Job Campaign") and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these official rules ("Rules"). DreamJobbing's and Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the DreamJob Campaign. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING; DREAMJOB ROUNDS: The DreamJobbing Application, Promotion Process and Community Outreach begins on March 7th 2016 at approximately 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on April 15th 2016 at approximately 11:59pm PT (the "DreamJobbing Application, Promotion Process and Community Outreach Period"). For purposes of these Rules all times are PT. DreamJobbing reserves the right to adjust start and end times for the Promotion Process and Community Outreach. DreamJobbing reserves the right to adjust start and end times and/or dates for the DREAMJOBBING APPLICATION, PROMOTION PROCESS, AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH PERIOD at any time with or without notice.
The “DreamJob" is divided into four (4) separate rounds:
Round one is the submission period of the DreamJob that begins on March 7th 2016 at approximately 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends April 15th 2016 at approximately 11:59pm PT (“Round One"). During Round One, Applicants (as defined below) will submit a Video Submission (as defined below) following the instructions in Section 3 below, to participate in the application process for their opportunity to win the DreamJob. During Round One Applicants who have submitted their Video Submission will have the opportunity to promote their Video Submission to the public at large (including their friends and family) via the DreamJobbing platform and/or the different social media sites. The public will have access to the DreamJobbing platform to Like their favorite Video Submissions and comment on why their favorite Applicant should win the DreamJob.
The promotion and outreach process works as follows: once an Applicant uploads their Submission Video to www.DreamJobbing.com/homeandfamily , they then share it through social media, driving viewers back to www.DreamJobbing.com/homeandfamily . Viewers then have the ability to Like the Submission Videos by clicking on the link “Like" just below the video screen. All Likes are monitored and counted by Sponsor and once confirmed, posted on the Applicants profile so viewers can see the total number of Likes Applicants have accrued. Viewers Liking or commenting must create a user profile and sign-in to prevent fraud and can only Like an application video once. Promotion for a Video Submission will only take place on the DreamJobbing platform. Then, viewers can comment on their favorite Applicant's Video Submission on why they should land the DreamJob. Likes accrued during Round One will remain and be counted during Round Two.
Round Two of the DreamJob is the applicant review period which begins on April 16th 2016 at approximately 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on April 18th 2016 at approximately 11:59pm PT (“Round Two"). During Round Two of the DreamJob Woody Fraser Enterprises, INC and producers will choose the top finalists Video Submissions based on their application video, experience and the voice of the community to become the top finalists of the DreamJob. The finalists will move on to Round Three of the DreamJob.
Round Three of the DreamJob is the top finalists announcement period that begins April 19th 2016 at approximately 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends at April 22nd 2016 at approximately 11:59pm PT ("Round Three"). During Round Three, the top finalists will be announced. DreamJobbing will gather more information on the top finalists applicants to present to a panel of judges comprised of producers from Woody Fraser Enterprises, INC. Woody Fraser Enterprises, INC. will evaluate the eligible Video Submissions that become the finalists of the DreamJob. The judges will review, evaluate and rate the Video Submissions based on criteria including, but not limited to: originality of the Video Submission; feedback from the community; presence of the Applicant; creativity in presenting and preparing the Video Submission; and relevance to the theme (as described in Section 3 below). The evaluation by the judges may include a phone interview. You hereby grant the DreamJobbing, Sponsor and their affiliated entities permission to contact you via phone or email, at the number or email address provided by you when entering the DreamJob.
Round Four of the DreamJob is the announcement of the applicant who lands the DreamJob, which airs on Monday April 25th 2016, subject to change at the discretion of Sponsor. ***Winner must be available to tape appearance on Hallmark Channel's Home Family" between 4/20/16 - 4/29/16. Dates may change per Producer needs.*** (“Round Four")
3. HOW TO ENTER:
a. During the DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process Period, DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process participants (individually, each an “Applicant", and collectively, “Applicants") will create an original video describing/including why they are the best applicant for the DreamJob sponsored by HOME AND FAMILY DIY STAR (the "Video Submission"); and then submit the URL of their Video Submission to the www.dreamjobbing.com/homeandfamily
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS: Each Video Submission:
NOTE: If any Video Submission fails to comply with any of these Entry Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Rules, DreamJobbing and Sponsor each reserve the right to disqualify the Applicant and the Video Submission will not be eligible to win.
5. DREAMJOBBING'S AND SPONSOR'S IP AND GENERAL VIDEO SUBMISSION TERMS: Each of DreamJobbing and Sponsor grants Applicants a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to use DreamJobbing's and Sponsor's respective name, product, trademarks and logos (individually and collectively, the "IP") for the sole purpose of participating in this DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process. Applicants are not permitted to make any further use of the IP for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, Applicants recognize that all rights, title, and interest in the IP shall vest exclusively to the DreamJobbing and Sponsor, respectively, and Applicant agrees that he or she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title or interest in and to the IP except for the limited license granted to Applicant in these Rules is transferred or created. Each Applicant further acknowledges and agrees that the IP rights are valid and enforceable, and that Applicant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of the IP in any forum. Applicants agree that the use of the IP is permitted only for the purpose of making a Video Submission in this DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process, and that any use of the IP (whether in the Video Submission or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the respective rights of DreamJobbing and Sponsor and will result in irreparable harm to DreamJobbing and Sponsor, respectively.
Each Applicant retains ownership of his/her Video Submission. Each Applicant hereby grants to DreamJobbing and Sponsor and their respective affiliated companies and designated agents a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, unconditional, fully paid license and right (a) to post and to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of, the Video Submission and any materials provided by the Applicant with the Applicant's Video Submission or otherwise through the DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process ("Applicant Materials"), (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly), or license the Video Submission and Applicant Materials (and derivative works thereof) by any and all means now known or hereafter devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Applicant consents to the use of the name, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses of himself/herself and any other person appearing in the Video Submission and Applicant Materials, for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process by any and all means now known or hereafter devised, worldwide and in perpetuity.
During the DreamJob Campaign, Applicant agrees to post, share, tag and otherwise promote Applicant's Video Submission via the DreamJobbing system (as detailed in the given DreamJobbing Campaign's materials) to maximize the number of views, likes and reposts of Applicant's Video Submission.
If requested, Applicant and any individual appearing in the Video Submission will sign any documentation including without limitation any release that may be required for DreamJobbing and Sponsor or their designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Applicant is granting to use the Video Submission and Video Submission Materials.
6. HOW TO WIN: Specific schedule and timeline can be found in the given DreamJobbing Campaign's materials.
A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected if (i) he/she does not comply with these Rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the DreamJob notice within ten (10) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed DreamJob notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, (iii) the person fails to comply with other rules set by DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor; or (iv) the DreamJob is undeliverable for any reason. If DreamJobbing or Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a DreamJob to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then DreamJobbing and Sponsor shall use their respective reasonable business judgment to determine, in their sole discretion, the disposition of the DreamJob (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or cancel the DreamJob, at their sole discretion).
7. DREAMJOB PRIZE: The winner will receive $1,500 for his/her one-week appearance. Winner must be available to tape appearance on Hallmark Channel's “Home & Family" between 4/20/16-4/29/16. Dates may change per Producer needs. Additionally, winner will be awarded a nine (9) nights and ten (10) days trip package to the Los Angeles metropolitan area which package includes the following: (a) one (1) coach-class round trip airfare for winner from a major US Gateway nearest winner's residence to an airport near Universal Studios and (b) one (1) room/double occupancy hotel accommodations at a hotel near Universal Studios as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion and (c) airport/hotel transfers to and from the hotel and airport near Universal Studios. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of Prize: $5,000. Actual ARV of Grand Prize will vary depending upon points of departure and seasonal fluctuation of rates and airfares. If the actual value of the Grand Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. All expenses, costs and incidentals not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Winner's responsibility, including, but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner's residence and any airport of origin, luggage fees, meals, food, beverages, taxes (airport, federal, state and local), gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs, telephone calls and any other fees and charges. All travel arrangements, including but not limited to, air carriers, seat locations, and accommodations are in Sponsors' sole discretion and must be made through Sponsors or their designated agent(s) (and may be subject to change by Sponsors). All trip components are subject to availability, holiday and blackout dates, and certain other restrictions and all applicable airline carrier/ticket and venue rules, regulations, terms and conditions apply. Sponsors are not responsible for airline and venue cancellations or delays. If winner is unable to or unwilling to be available to tape appearance on Hallmark Channel's “Home & Family" between 4/20/16-4/29/16, prize is subject to forfeiture in its entirety, in which event, Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Any depiction of any prize (or any prize component) is for illustrative purposes only. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery and are not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the trip are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. Trip cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All fees, airport, federal, state and local taxes and any other expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a tax form #1099 in the value of the Prize. Winner is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (including but not limited to a valid passport, visa, valid photo I.D, etc.) before departure. Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation upon airport check-in. Except in Sponsor's sole discretion, trip may not be changed, extended, exchanged or transferred. If a change to the trip is permitted by Sponsor, any and all fees associated with such change are the sole responsibility of the winner and no refunds or credits will be allowed. If any portion of the trip is cancelled, postponed or otherwise unavailable for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof, that portion of the trip will be cancelled or subject to substitution in the sole discretion of Sponsor, the remainder of the trip will be awarded, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. The trip restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Prize may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in winner's travel documents and the affidavits/releases he/she is required to sign under these Official Rules. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the Prize or redeem the Prize or any portion thereof for money. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the Prize (or any portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or prizes. Prize elements may not be separated.
No substitution, assignment or transfer of a Dream Job is allowed except with DreamJobbing's and Sponsor's prior written permission or where required by law. If for any reason a DreamJob becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute DreamJob of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT AND/OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY DREAM JOB. Award of a DreamJob is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all rules. Allow 4-6 weeks after award of DreamJob for DreamJob to commence. See the given DreamJobbing Campaign's materials for specific award information.
8. RELEASE: By participating in this DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process or receiving a DreamJob, Applicants (and in particular, winners) and any individual appearing in Video Submission agree to release and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DreamJobbing, Sponsor, Crown Media Family Networks and each of their respective related companies and prize suppliers, and all of its or their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Applicant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process (or related activities, including without limitation the background check set forth below) or the acceptance, performance of or use/misuse of any prize in relation to a DreamJob.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in this DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process constitutes Applicant's (and in particular, winner's) and any individual appearing in Video Submission consent to DreamJobbing and Sponsor and/or their respective employees and agents' use of Applicant's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
11. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
(a) Background Check. By participating in this DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process or receiving a DreamJob:
(i) Each Applicant hereby authorizes DreamJobbing, Sponsor and their respective designated agents and representatives to conduct a comprehensive review of Applicant's background causing a consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report to be generated for employment and/or volunteer purposes. Applicant understands that the scope of the consumer report/investigative consumer report may include, but is not limited to the following areas: verification of social security number or similar identification number; credit reports, current and previous residences; employment history, education background, character references; drug testing, civil and criminal history records from any criminal justice agency in any or all federal, state, county or equivalent jurisdictions; driving records, birth records, and any other public records.
(ii) Each Applicant hereby authorizes any individual, company, firm, corporation, or public agency to divulge any and all information, verbal or written, pertaining to such Applicant, to DreamJobbing, Sponsor and their respective designated agents and representatives. Applicant further authorizes the complete release of any records or data pertaining to such Applicant that the individual, company, firm, corporation, or public agency may have, to include information or data received from other sources. DreamJobbing, Sponsor and their respective designated agents and representatives shall maintain all information received from this authorization in a confidential manner in order to protect Applicant's personal information, including, but not limited to, addresses, social security numbers, and dates of birth.
(iii) Notice to California, Minnesota and Oklahoma residents, and residents of other applicable jurisdictions: If you wish to receive a copy of a consumer report that is requested, please email your request along with all necessary contact information to email@example.com.
(b) Conduct. DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor reserves their respective rights, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process and to disqualify any Applicant or other individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an Applicant who, in Sponsor's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter.
(c) Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or other methods that simulate a user's individual use of the Website's "Like" button or other Website features that allows users to show their individual support for Promotions by means of specific comments, pictures, wall posts, statuses, or fan pages (all such support features, the “Promotion Support") will void all such Promotion Support and DreamJobbing and/or the Affiliated Companies reserve the right to nullify any and all such Promotion Support and to disqualify the responsible individual from providing Promotion Support. Any attempt by a user and/or his/her family/friends to provide Promotion Support more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, email addresses, phone numbers and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by DreamJobbing and/or the Affiliated Companies in their sole discretion, shall give DreamJobbing and/or the Affiliated Companies the right to disqualify and remove such user and any related Promotion Support as DreamJobbing and/or the Affiliated Companies determine in their sole discretion. Any attempt by any user to submit more than the stated amount of Promotion Support by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other method will void that user's Promotion Support. Users are prohibited from obtaining Promotion Support by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, but not limited to, offering prizes or other inducements to members of public, paying or otherwise engaging a third party service to provide Promotion Support for or obtain Promotion Support for a given Promotion, or collaborating with other individuals or groups to trade Promotion Support, as determined by DreamJobbing and/or the Affiliated Companies, in their sole discretion, and DreamJobbing and/or the Affiliated Companies reserves the right to nullify any and all such Promotion Support and to disqualify from the Promotion the responsible user and/or Promotion contestant. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS DREAMJOBBING APPLICATION AND PROMOTION PROCESS OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND DREAMJOBBING AND SPONSOR EACH RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
(d) Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, DreamJobbing and Sponsor may each modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process if, in the DreamJobbing's and/or Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
(e) Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination, the DreamJob may be awarded in any manner deemed fair and appropriate by DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor.
12. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each Applicant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process or any DreamJob awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the State of California, Los Angeles County, City of Los Angeles; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) Applicant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California law, without reference to California's choice of law rules, governs the DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process and all aspects related thereto, the participants expressly waiving any other forum that they may be entitled to in light of their current or future domiciles.
13. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS: For a copy of the Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below or request a copy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the HOME AND FAMILY DIY STAR DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process.
HOME AND FAMILY DIY STAR
DreamJobbing Application and Promotion Process
3112 Windsor Road
Suite A, #335
Austin TX 78703
Share this application
**You must be logged in to leave a comment