Do you love photography, travel and adventure? Then this is the perfect DreamJob for you!
Visit Norway is looking for someone to travel to scenic Norway and embark on an experience like no other as their Photojournalist!
For two weeks this summer, you will travel through some of Norway's most stunning landscapes: through fjords, past cascading waterfalls, valleys and majestic mountains.
Norwegian will conveniently fly you nonstop to Norway from one of their 5 US gateways: JFK-New York, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland-San Francisco and Los Angeles.
You will visit vibrant cities, quaint villages and towns, and explore a coastline like nothing you have seen before.
And in Norway, there's no shortage of inspiring adventure options! From kayaking, glacier walking, and summer skiing on glaciers in the famous fjord Norway region, to treetop climbing and zip lining at Oslo Summerpark, just a few minutes outside the city center, you'll have a chance to experience it all!
And for some additional fun, you will go on the longest running paddle steamer "Skilbadner" on Lake Mjøsa.
The capital, Oslo, is a city of inspiring contrasts - from the Viking Ships Museum, Edvard Munchs world famous art, and ancient Akershus Fortress, to the marvelous Opera House, and the medieval Oscarsbord fortress, beautifully located on the Oslofjord.
From Oslo, you will travel onwards to one of the worlds most iconic travel destinations - Fjord Norway!
Visit beautiful Bergen, Gateway to the fjords, and explore the UNESCO listed Nærøyfjord in the Sognefjord, on the amazing "Sognefjord in a Nutshell" roundtrip that includes the world's most spectacular train ride - Flåm Railway.
Stay at the historic hotel Fretheim in Flåm, or wake up to the breathtaking views of Fjord Norway's majestic Sunnmore Alps in the art nouveau town - Ålesund.
You will hike to the world's most impressive viewing platform, Pulpit Rock, outside the charming city of Stavanger - an experience that truly is a once in a lifetime photo op!
Love Vikings? The lucky winner will get to experience the small city of Haugesund, once the Viking capital of the fjords.
There is culture and history around every corner...
Along the journey you'll get to taste the great traditional fare, and stay in some hotels with views you can't believe are real unless you are really there.
Visit Norway is looking for someone who has Norway on their Bucket List...
Who enjoys new cultures,
Lives and breathes outdoor activities,
And most of all...LOVES photography.
Your pictures, blogs and experience will be featured on VisitNorway.com and shared socially around the world.
Applying is easy. Upload a one-minute video telling us why you are the perfect person to be Norway's Photojournalist. Be creative - we'd love to see some of your current photography work in the video!
Then share this video with all your friends and post your best photography shots on Instagram using the tag #NorwayDreamJob. (Instagram account must be public for us to see!).
Good Luck and we will see you in Norway!
Chosen applicant will receive:
Visit Norway markets Norway's scenic beauty, diverse landscapes, adventurous activities, cultural history and vibrant cities. There's no better place to satisfy your desire for adventure in spectacular natural surroundings. Norway offers unforgettable experiences, all just seven hours from the United States. Go to VisitNorway.com to plan your trip today.
Select your files for your application below. Then proceed by clicking the number steps above.
The image is used as the video preview image. The image is at 615px x 346px (or any image on the same aspect ratio). Images are automatically clipped and scaled throughout the site.
In your video, anything after 1 minute in length will be clipped. Videos will be displayed at a 16:9 ratio. Filesize can not exceed 1.5 GB in size.
DreamJobbing takes the application process for these DreamJobs very seriously and any actions by applicants that go against the honest nature of the process will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to refuse and remove anyone suspected of hacking, voter fraud, or anything of the sort.
Important Note: If uploading from an iPhone with iOS 8, make sure you have upgraded to at least iOS 8.0.2 before attempting to upload.Back Next
Sharing Your Application:
Click the Publish button below to begin processing the upload of your video.
Congratulations, your video application has been submitted!
We are excited you applied for this DreamJob. You are one step closer to changing your story. Please take a look at our FAQ for sharing your application video with your community.
Share your application video with your friends
DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process
(Effective February 12, 2015)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. U.S. LAW AND LOCAL LAWS AS APPLICABLE IN EACH JURISDICTION GOVERN THIS DREAMJOBBING APPLICATION AND VOTING PROCESS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: VisitNorway Photo Journalist - DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process (the "DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process") is open to Applicants worldwide who are eighteen (18) years or older, or age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older, as of the effective date above, have a valid passport for entry into Norway, and are registered members of DreamJobbing.com. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their households or immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouses, siblings, grandparents, the step-parents, step-children, and step-siblings of each and persons residing in such immediate family members' households) of DreamJobbing, LLC (“DreamJobbing"), VisitNorway (“Sponsor"), Oslo Region (“Sponsor"), Fjord Norway (“Sponsor"), and/or Norwegian (“Sponsor"), and their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the VisitNorway Photo Journalist (the “Dream Job Campaign") and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these official rules ("Rules"). DreamJobbing's and Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the DreamJob Campaign. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING; DREAMJOB ROUNDS: The DreamJobbing Application, Voting Process and Community Outreach begins on February 12, 2015 at approximately 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 7, 2015 at approximately 11:59pm PT (the "DreamJobbing Application, Voting Process and Community Outreach Period"). For purposes of these Rules all times are PT. DreamJobbing reserves the right to adjust start and end times for the Voting Process and Community Outreach. DreamJobbing reserves the right to adjust start and end times and/or dates for the DREAMJOBBING APPLICATION, VOTING PROCESS, AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH PERIOD at any time with or without notice.
The “DreamJob" is divided into four (4) separate rounds:
Round one is the submission period of the DreamJob that begins on February 12, 2015 at approximately 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) and ends April 8, 2015 at approximately 11:59 p.m. PT (“Round One"). During Round One, Applicants (as defined below) will submit a Video Submission (as defined below) following the instructions in Section 3 below, to participate in the application process for their opportunity to win the DreamJob. During Round One, Applicants who have submitted their Video Submission will have the opportunity to promote their Video Submission to the public at large (including their friends and family) via the DreamJobbing platform and/or the different social media sites. The public will have access to the DreamJobbing platform to vote for their favorite Video Submissions and comment on why their favorite Applicant should win the DreamJob.
The voting and outreach process works as follows: once an Applicant uploads their Submission Video to www.dreamjobbing.com/VisitNorway, they then share it through social media, driving viewers back to www.dreamjobbing.com/VisitNorway. Viewers then have the ability to vote on the Submission Videos by clicking on the link “Vote for Me" just below the video screen. All votes are monitored and counted by DreamJobbing and once confirmed, posted on the Applicants profile so viewers can see the total number of votes Applicants have accrued. Viewers voting must create a user profile and sign-in to vote to prevent fraud and can only vote once per day. Voting for a Video Submission will only take place on the DreamJobbing platform. Then, viewers can comment on their favorite Applicant's Video Submission on why they should land the DreamJob. Votes accrued during Round One will remain and be counted during Round Two.
Round Two of the DreamJob begins on April 9, 2015 at approximately 12:00 a.m. PT and ends on April 22, 2015 at approximately 11:59 p.m. PT (“Round Two"). During Round Two of the DreamJob, the application submission period is closed and the DreamJob is open only for voting on Applicant Submission Videos that were submitted between February 12, 2015 and April 8, 2015. During Round Two, the Applicants begin a second round of voting and community outreach. Applicants will again have the opportunity to promote their Video Submission to the public at large (including their friends and family) via the DreamJobbing platform and/or the different social media sites. The public will have access to DreamJobbing.com/VisitNorway to vote and comment on their favorite Video Submissions. At the end of Round Two, the top twenty (20) vote getters will advance to Round Three to become the top twenty (20) finalists of the DreamJob.
Round Three of the DreamJob is the application review period that begins April 23, 2015 at approximately 12:00 a.m. PT and ends at May 6, 2015 at approximately 11:59 p.m. PT ("Round Three"). During Round Three, DreamJobbing will gather more information on the top twenty (20) applicants to present to a panel of judges comprised of employees from VisitNorway. VisitNorway will evaluate the eligible Video Submissions that become the finalists of the DreamJob. The judges will review, evaluate and rate the Video Submissions based on the following: 25% originality of the Video Submission; 25% presence of the Applicant; 25% creativity in presenting and preparing the Video Submission, and 25% relevance to the theme (as described in Section 3 below). The evaluation by the judges may include a phone interview. You hereby grant the DreamJobbing, Sponsor and their affiliated entities permission to contact you via phone, at the number provided by you when entering the DreamJob.
Round Four of the DreamJob is the announcement of the applicant who lands the DreamJob on May 7, 2015. (“Round Four")
3. HOW TO ENTER:
a. During the DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process Period, DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process participants (individually, each an “Applicant", and collectively, “Applicants") will create an original video describing/including why they are the best applicant for the Photo Journalist DreamJob sponsored by VisitNorway (the "Video Submission"); and then submit the URL of their Video Submission to the DreamJobbing.com/VisitNorway
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS: Each Video Submission:
NOTE: If any Video Submission fails to comply with any of these Entry Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Rules, DreamJobbing and Sponsor each reserve the right to disqualify the Applicant and the Video Submission will not be eligible to win.
5. DREAMJOBBING'S AND SPONSOR'S IP AND GENERAL VIDEO SUBMISSION TERMS: Each of DreamJobbing and Sponsor grants Applicants a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to use DreamJobbing's and Sponsor's respective name, product, trademarks and logos (individually and collectively, the "IP") for the sole purpose of participating in this DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process. Applicants are not permitted to make any further use of the IP for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, Applicants recognize that all rights, title, and interest in the IP shall vest exclusively to the DreamJobbing and Sponsor, respectively, and Applicant agrees that he or she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title or interest in and to the IP except for the limited license granted to Applicant in these Rules is transferred or created. Each Applicant further acknowledges and agrees that the IP rights are valid and enforceable, and that Applicant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of the IP in any forum. Applicants agree that the use of the IP is permitted only for the purpose of making a Video Submission in this DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process, and that any use of the IP (whether in the Video Submission or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the respective rights of DreamJobbing and Sponsor and will result in irreparable harm to DreamJobbing and Sponsor, respectively.
Each Applicant retains ownership of his/her Video Submission. Each Applicant hereby grants to DreamJobbing and Sponsor and their respective affiliated companies and designated agents a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, unconditional, fully paid license and right (a) to post and to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of, the Video Submission and any materials provided by the Applicant with the Applicant's Video Submission or otherwise through the DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process ("Applicant Materials"), (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly), or license the Video Submission and Applicant Materials (and derivative works thereof) by any and all means now known or hereafter devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Applicant consents to the use of the name, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses of himself/herself and any other person appearing in the Video Submission and Applicant Materials, for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process by any and all means now known or hereafter devised, worldwide and in perpetuity.
During the DreamJob Campaign, Applicant agrees to post, share, tag and otherwise promote Applicant's Video Submission via the DreamJobbing system (as detailed in the given DreamJobbing Campaign's materials) to maximize the number of views, likes and reposts of Applicant's Video Submission.
If requested, Applicant will sign any documentation including without limitation any release that may be required for DreamJobbing and Sponsor or their designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Applicant is granting to use the Video Submission and Video Submission Materials.
6. HOW TO WIN: Specific schedule and timeline can be found in the given DreamJobbing Campaign's materials.
A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected if (i) he/she does not comply with these Rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the DreamJob notice within ten (10) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed DreamJob notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, (iii) the person fails to comply with other rules set by DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor; or (iv) the DreamJob is undeliverable for any reason. If DreamJobbing or Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a DreamJob to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then DreamJobbing and Sponsor shall use their respective reasonable business judgment to determine, in their sole discretion, the disposition of the DreamJob (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or cancel the DreamJob, at their sole discretion).
7. DREAMJOB: The chosen applicant will receive roundtrip economy airfare from one of Norwegian's 5 US gateways, nonstop to Oslo, for 1 qualified person. Your adventure begins in the Oslo region, where you will experience ancient history mixed with modern architecture, historical sites and amazing museums, as well as a vibrant restaurant scene with amazing food, and modern architecture. The Norwegian capital lies between the Oslofjord and the forests. As a gateway to the rest of Norway, Oslo offers a unique combination of city life and easy access to the great outdoors. The journey continues with a Norway in a Nutshell trip www.fjordtours.com. A beautiful trip that takes you by train from Oslo, over the mountains and national parks, onboard the famous Flåm Railway. Travel onwards past the stunning landscapes of the Sognefjord, to Bergen - the Gateway to the Fjords, where you can experience the UNESCO World Heritage wharf, Bryggen. The winner will continue through Fjord Norways stunning landscapes, past majestic mountains and cascading waterfalls - and explore vibrant, historic cities, like Ålesund, Haugesund and Stavanger. The itinerary is subject to change. Transportation, accommodations, activities and most meals are covered. Any equipment, such as personal laptop, camera, go pro, cellphone/roaming, and outdoor attire is the winners own responsibility. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the DreamJob is $5,000 (USD). Actual value depends on market conditions at time of fulfillment. Any difference between ARV and actual value will not be awarded. The winner must be willing and able travel for two (2) weeks between Jun 1, 2015 – Sep 1 2015, and the trip must be completed by Sep 1, 2015. Once the trip has been confirmed, the booking cannot be changed. Travel insurance or other associated travel costs are not included in the prize.
No substitution, assignment or transfer of a Dream Job is allowed except with DreamJobbing's and Sponsor's prior written permission or where required by law. If for any reason a DreamJob becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute DreamJob of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT AND/OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY DREAM JOB. Award of a DreamJob is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all rules. Allow at least 2 weeks after award of DreamJob for DreamJob to commence. See the given DreamJobbing Campaign's materials for specific award information.
8. RELEASE: By participating in this DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process or receiving a DreamJob, Applicants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DreamJobbing, Sponsor and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Applicant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process (or related activities, including without limitation the background check set forth below) or the acceptance, performance of or use/misuse in relation to a DreamJob.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in this DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process constitutes Applicant's (and in particular, winner's) consent to DreamJobbing and Sponsor and/or their respective employees and agents' use of Applicant's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
11. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
(a) Background Check. By participating in this DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process or receiving a DreamJob:
(i) Each Applicant hereby authorizes DreamJobbing, Sponsor and their respective designated agents and representatives to conduct a comprehensive review of Applicant's background causing a consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report to be generated for employment and/or volunteer purposes. Applicant understands that the scope of the consumer report/investigative consumer report may include, but is not limited to the following areas: verification of social security number or similar identification number; credit reports, current and previous residences; employment history, education background, character references; drug testing, civil and criminal history records from any criminal justice agency in any or all federal, state, county or equivalent jurisdictions; driving records, birth records, and any other public records.
(ii) Each Applicant hereby authorizes any individual, company, firm, corporation, or public agency to divulge any and all information, verbal or written, pertaining to such Applicant, to DreamJobbing, Sponsor and their respective designated agents and representatives. Applicant further authorizes the complete release of any records or data pertaining to such Applicant that the individual, company, firm, corporation, or public agency may have, to include information or data received from other sources. DreamJobbing, Sponsor and their respective designated agents and representatives shall maintain all information received from this authorization in a confidential manner in order to protect Applicant's personal information, including, but not limited to, addresses, social security numbers, and dates of birth.
(iii) Notice to California, Minnesota and Oklahoma residents, and residents of other applicable jurisdictions: If you wish to receive a copy of a consumer report that is requested, please email your request along with all necessary contact information to email@example.com.
(b) Conduct. DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor reserves their respective rights, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process and to disqualify any Applicant or other individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an Applicant who, in Sponsor's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter.
(c) Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like voting methods will void all such votes and DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor reserves the right to nullify any and all such votes and to disqualify from voting the responsible individual. Any attempt by an Applicant and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, email addresses, phone numbers and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor in their sole discretion, shall give DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor the right to disqualify such Applicant as DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor determine in their sole discretion. Any attempt by any voter to submit more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other method will void that voter's vote. Applicants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, but not limited to, offering prizes or other inducements to members of public, paying or otherwise engaging a third party service to vote for or obtain votes for Applicant's Video Submission, or collaborating with other individuals or groups to trade votes, as determined by DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor, in their sole discretion, and DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor reserves the right to nullify any and all such votes and to disqualify from DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process the responsible Applicant. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS DREAMJOBBING APPLICATION AND VOTING PROCESS OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND DREAMJOBBING AND SPONSOR EACH RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
(d) Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, DreamJobbing and Sponsor may each modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process if, in the DreamJobbing's and/or Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
(e) Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination, the DreamJob may be awarded in any manner deemed fair and appropriate by DreamJobbing and/or Sponsor.
12. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each Applicant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process or any DreamJob awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the State of California, Los Angeles County, City of Los Angeles; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) Applicant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California law, without reference to California's choice of law rules, governs the DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process and all aspects related thereto, the participants expressly waiving any other forum that they may be entitled to in light of their current or future domiciles.
13. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS: For a copy of the Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below or request a copy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the VisitNorway Photo Journalist DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process.
VisitNorway Photo Journalist
DreamJobbing Application and Voting Process
3112 Windsor Road
Suite A, #335
Austin TX 78703
Share this application
**You must be logged in to leave a comment